Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mr. Winkle Wakes

The Mr. Winkle Wakes video showed the importance of becoming a life long learner. We must be life long learners if we are to understand things that are affecting our everyday lives whether we want to accept or not. The advances in technology has not only help society evolve but it has helped us to learn, communicate with one another, exchange ideas, help society live longer, and etc. I can not imagine going to a hospital where they do not offer life support for me to breath and to carry on my bodily functions. Technology has enabled us to live longer and help with various forms of treatments that are available for certain diseases and illness.

The video showed despair in not trying to learn anything that is new due to the fact it may go against what you are accustom to knowing. Failure only comes to those who lack to try and Success comes to those who attempted to try. The worst outcome is doubting yourself in not learning. I have been a life long learner for the past 26 years of my life due in part to a wonderful mother. As a future teacher I must create in my future students the importance of becoming a life long learner because the world is changing with them in and is not going to ever slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment