Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Vision of Students Today

The video of a vision of students today captures different aspects of today's college student. Does this video have something in common with myself being a college student? The answer is no. The reason why this video do not have something in common with my life experience as a college student is that you have to accept responsibility for your education. Responsibility in going to class, asking for help when you don't know, engaging yourself in learning, and most importantly thinking about your life. For example, I work two jobs that totals up to be 60 hours a week and I go to school full time so I have to make some priorities. Do I come up short on some of those priorities? Yes,but I have to reflect on where I went wrong. I am a work in progress and is only human.

I do not have time to waste being on facebook, texting, and all of that other good stuff. Some of those thing I don't do. I have to manage my time to take care of myself and from time to time a recently ill parent. College students choose whether or not he or she is willing to do the work to earn a degree. Is there a problem amongst today's college students? Yes, most importantly time management skills, organization skills, and multitasking. I push my self every day to get around to doing something that is needed.

Finally, what would I add to make this video accurately represent my experience being a college student is having a planner and know who to use one and go by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment