Sunday, September 12, 2010

Vicki Davis: Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

I found this video to be very informative because you have your students and teacher in engaged in being a community of learners. The students are able to teach one another and build skills of empowerment and confidence that so many children are lacking. I loved the idea that she was creating her students to be independent learners and to be self reliant because they were all in this together.

Some tools that I found to be effective in helping me as a teacher is creating a class blog for my class to help my students, creating a facebook page, a twitter page, and etc. I feel that this would help my students because they can be accessible to one another in case a assignment is missed or to know the status of a project they are working on. Maybe bring up ideas or topics about things discussed in classed that he or she didn't get a chance to ask. Plus parents can be able to contact the class blog for assignments if there child is going to missed class.

No comments:

Post a Comment